Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

Ritual & Ceremony

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ritual & Ceremony

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:40 pm

For as long as I can remember, I have always had been drawn to the esoteric and occult. As an adolescent, I had no experience, so I looked into and at everything I could or happen opportunity to. I began to notice things that I didn't always agree with, and maybe that's not accurate, but nevertheless, it didn't feel entirely acceptable.

What I am talking about, are the many variations and methods of ritual and ceremonial magic. In the very beginning of my studies, I saw this as the way to do things, like anyone else, but then, as I did more study into the philosophy and psychology of occult writers and learned magicians, I began to develop this feeling that some of the "practice" involved in ritual and ceremony, was unnecessary, made up, imagination, or just outlandish. Not all, but a lot of it.

What helped me form this opinion also, was my study into ancient magic, ancient cultures and traditions. Even this one book I had read, a point was made out that had always remained with me, to which it said something like this: "How do you think magic was ever done before written languages, before mass practices?", and it made me wonder, ever since.

So it has become my opinion that there are key elements that are basics involved in magic that ritual and ceremony do not really need. Always, maybe not, I haven't tried it out too much yet, but I intend to practice what I preach so to speak. I suspect that if your mind is focused, you are skilled or practiced, and you know what you're doing, then all you need is your basic primal energy, your voice and your will. I see the tools and movements of ritual and ceremony necessary to a point, and see them as extensions of what we are naturally able to already do. Not to sound insulting by any means, but I see this as similar to using training wheels on a bicycle.

So to anyone reading this, please comment. Share your opinion and thoughts with me. Thank you for reading.

Mystagogue

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top