Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

Thoughts of A Caterpillar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts of A Caterpillar

Post by LoverofWisdom1 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:13 am

1. What do I want?
Simply put, my one desire is to cultivate a pertinacious devotion to my religious path.

2. How can I get what I want?
I envision the process as having two steps. 

Step #1: Eliminate all traces of my former religion, so as to not create any sort of division. 

Step #2: Obtain and utilize anything which will assist in concentrating my entire being on my religious path. Literature, music, poetry, etc.

(Something else for me to keep in mind are the Three Objects of The Theosophical Society, which are the fundamental guiderails of my religious identity:

To form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or color.

To encourage the comparative study of religion, philosophy and science.

To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in humanity. 

These are very noble principles, but important for me is act on them.)

3. Who am I as an individual?
I am the eager student of the world's religions, of philosophy, and of Life Itself. I am the starry-eyed poet, the vivid dreamer, the believer, and the relentless Yea-sayer. I am the humble seeker of knowledge and the broadminded reader. I am the romantic who imbibes the wine of beauty and inhales the smoke of passion.
I am the gentle of heart, but yet, distant of soul.

4. What do I like about myself?
I like the fact that I'm always eager to explore something new. I'm highly imaginative and very broad of mind. I also like the fact that I'm always approaching life and the situations in it optimistically.  Another thing I love about myself is that I'm extremely warmhearted and trusting of people.

5. What do I dislike about myself?
I dislike my tendency towards becoming distracted all too easily, as it feeds another tendency: procrastination. I deeply detest my indecisiveness (also connected to my becoming distracted), because it causes me to become very weak-willed.

[size=36]6.What can I change about myself?[/size]
The only things I'm concerned with changing are those things I dislike about myself, as they – almost always – lead to my unhappiness.
LoverofWisdom1
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts of A Caterpillar

Post by Luci Black on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:18 pm

LoverofWisdom11. What do I want?
Simply put, my one desire is to cultivate a pertinacious devotion to my religious path.

2. How can I get what I want?
I envision the process as having two steps. 

Step #1: Eliminate all traces of my former religion, so as to not create any sort of division. 

Step #2: Obtain and utilize anything which will assist in concentrating my entire being on my religious path. Literature, music, poetry, etc.

LoverofWisdom1, what was your former religion and why have you decided to abandon it? 

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:(Something else for me to keep in mind are the Three Objects of The Theosophical Society, which are the fundamental guiderails of my religious identity:

Do you belong to The Theosophical Society as a formal member? How involved in Theosophy are you?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:To form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or color.

This is a lofty goal. How will working to achieve it benefit you?

1. How will it advance your life skills?
2. How will it advance your professional development?
3. How will it pay your bills and provide for your mundane needs?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:To encourage the comparative study of religion, philosophy and science.

What about you? What about your growth?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in humanity. 

What about the latent powers which reside in you? Will you work to cultivate them?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:
These are very noble principles, but important for me is act on them.)

I see a lot of ideals, yet no concrete plan for you to improve you. Where are the goals which will advance you as a person?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:3. Who am I as an individual?
I am the eager student of the world's religions, of philosophy, and of Life Itself. I am the starry-eyed poet, the vivid dreamer, the believer, and the relentless Yea-sayer. I am the humble seeker of knowledge and the broadminded reader. I am the romantic who imbibes the wine of beauty and inhales the smoke of passion.
I am the gentle of heart, but yet, distant of soul.

A vivid dreamer? Absolutely. Are those vivid dreams getting you anywhere in life? Do you publish any of your poetry? Have you written a religious text? How many books do you read in a week? How many religions have you studied?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:4. What do I like about myself?
I like the fact that I'm always eager to explore something new. I'm highly imaginative and very broad of mind. I also like the fact that I'm always approaching life and the situations in it optimistically.  Another thing I love about myself is that I'm extremely warmhearted and trusting of people.

Has being extremely trusting of people ever gotten you hurt? Why do you trust people so easily?

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:5. What do I dislike about myself?
I dislike my tendency towards becoming distracted all too easily, as it feeds another tendency: procrastination. I deeply detest my indecisiveness (also connected to my becoming distracted), because it causes me to become very weak-willed.

A self proclaimed dreamer who dislikes being distracted too easily? Perhaps stop dreaming and start doing?

I carry a lantern."

Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverofWisdom1 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:52 pm

My former religion is The Bahá’í Faith. Why I abandoned it is because I feel that it focuses a bit too much on the mundane while seeming to disregard the inner faculties of the soul.

I do belong to the Society, though – as with the Academy – I'm in the beginning stages of the process of growth and development. I plan on becoming quite involved in assisting the Society in its efforts as time (and other factors) will allow. 

Forming a nucleus of the brotherhood of humanity will be achieved through serving the greater good. Being active in our communities. Theosophists, of course, are individuals, so the various manifestations of this will differ. Since the First Object deals with aspects of culture, I envision myself working for peace in the world via The Peace Corps. Before then, I can attend college for the sake of perfecting my knowledge of foreign languages (which is quite proficient), a skill which is highly sought after. This can increase my probabilities of landing higher-skill work opportunities.

Philosophy, World Religions, The Sciences (and the Arts) are all highly interesting fields to me. The first two deal with the basic questions of Life. The Sciences allow me to increase my awareness of and concern for the issues plaguing the natural world and the Universe beyond. The Arts are my outlet for creativity and self-expression. All of these things by nature point me towards the goal of self-actualization in Life. 

Of course I will work to cultivate my own powers and abilities. It is a must!

My vivid dreams do provide the necessary fuel for my propulsion into true contentment. My one necessity is taking action, fearless ambition. Without these, I cannot truly experience Life as I desire to.
LoverofWisdom1
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:00 pm

LoverofWisdom1, you certainly have profound aspirations. 

Can you define what is to you the "greater good" ? 

What will you do to further peace in the world? You mentioned the peace corps. However, what specifically would you be doing in this which furthers your desire?

I carry a lantern."

Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anansi on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:10 pm

I must agree with Black. Are your dreams fulfilling your basic needs in society? How can you have them do that?

Being a trusting person, you are sure of been hurt by others.
 How did you forgive from this situations if you have at all? What lessons did you learn from such altercations? 

You have many aspirations and ambitious dreams, but how will you discipline yourself to overcome your procrastination to fulfill your wants? It is said that laziness and procrastination are the two largest disabilities of mankind 
(Forgive if this  is a double post, the last one never showed up)

Anansi
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverofWisdom1 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 pm

The greater good, to me, is doing anything which my community, or my nation deems as best serving the collective interest of its people. It wouldn't have to be anything grand, but rather things which flow from convictions of compassion and altruism.  

The Peace Corps provides me with the chance to help others. Building homes, providing food, clean drinking water, and medicine, and the like. Plus, it can also give me firsthand experiences of other cultures, which I find to be a beautiful thing.
LoverofWisdom1
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 pm

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:The greater good, to me, is doing anything which my community, or my nation deems as best serving the collective interest of its people. It wouldn't have to be anything grand, but rather things which flow from convictions of compassion and altruism.  

The Peace Corps provides me with the chance to help others. Building homes, providing food, clean drinking water, and medicine, and the like. Plus, it can also give me firsthand experiences of other cultures, which I find to be a beautiful thing.

Admirable.

However, what is it other than studying different faiths that you are doing to serve this altruistic mission of yours currently?

What is LoverofWisdom1 doing TODAY

What are you doing to become a better you? How are you going to overcome procrastination? How will you overcome being "weak willed", as you have put it?

I carry a lantern."

Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverofWisdom1 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Serving my altruistic mission ultimately begins at home, among members of my family. Before I can even contemplate being of service to the world, my nation, or my community, I must cultivate a humble attitude of service towards the other member of my household. Doing anything, such as household chores and maintaining personal cleanliness, in the spirit of humility and in consideration of that other member serves to enstill mutual respect. This allows peace to flourish.

I create poetry as my chosen outlet for self-expression, work an honest job to generate a steady income, am currently learning to speak Japanese. 

How I will overcome procrastination is by keeping my fundamental goals in the front of my mind, constantly making it my vision. Also, by cultivating a fearless mindset, never being afraid to just do it. Though I fail, even a thousand times, I must keep an optimistic view of my goals.
LoverofWisdom1
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:01 pm

@LoverofWisdom1 wrote:Serving my altruistic mission ultimately begins at home, among members of my family. Before I can even contemplate being of service to the world, my nation, or my community, I must cultivate a humble attitude of service towards the other member of my household. Doing anything, such as household chores and maintaining personal cleanliness, in the spirit of humility and in consideration of that other member serves to enstill mutual respect. This allows peace to flourish.

I create poetry as my chosen outlet for self-expression, work an honest job to generate a steady income, am currently learning to speak Japanese. 

How I will overcome procrastination is by keeping my fundamental goals in the front of my mind, constantly making it my vision. Also, by cultivating a fearless mindset, never being afraid to just do it. Though I fail, even a thousand times, I must keep an optimistic view of my goals.

You will begin to overcome procrastination by doing one altruistic thing per week. You will document it here in your journal. Do you agree?

I carry a lantern."

Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoverofWisdom1 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:03 pm

I do agree.