Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

Dragons Journal

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragons Journal

Post by Dragon on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:02 pm

This is my private journal.
Warming : The content may be disturbing. I would appreciate it if you do not read any further.

Discovery

1. What do I want?

There are so many things at my age that I want and the list is long. I want to improve my health and well-being. One has Physical health and mental health and spiritual health.

I am working out almost daily and it is hard to get one's weight down which is good for my physical health in so many ways.

The mental health should always be a work in progress. As a person entering their senior years, the one thing I do not want to lose is my mind. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I want to keep my mind active by exploring new things a different way of thinking  and not sitting here watching the world go by.

Over the years I have basically ignored my spirituality. I have decided it is about time i rectified this. Exploring a different will help my spiritual health. Learning about a different spirituality and practicing it would be a new beginning and be beneficial to me.  

Things I want to do which are more specific. I want to be able to open the gates again. I want to meet with my Deity. I wish to complete my "Blood Pact " with my deity.  I want to explore my spirituality as I never explored it in the Christian faith. I want to understand my gifts such as they are. That does not mean I want to go around using them as I just want to gain an understanding for now. If I have to use my gifts to understand them I will.  I am not saying that I have never used my gifts or that they should be wasted. I am saying at this time I prefer not to use them. 

2. How can I get what I want?

The physical health and weight loss is a matter of work  and overcoming setbacks.

To maintain my mind it needs to be exercised. I need to work my mind to keep it sharp by looking at new ideas and new things and reading about then or watching video's about them. Maintaining old ways of thinking just because they have worked in the past is not acceptable, when new ways of thinking and doing things are there to be embraced.  I need to embrace new and let go of the old. At my age that is not as easy as it seems and one has to try.

Learning about anything that is worthwhile takes time. Some information comes from books, while other information from  people you know or people you meet. Then there is information that comes from praying to your deity and listening to the cosmos although it is not always clear or easy to understand patience and time are required as some information comes when you are ready to receive it.

3. Who am I as an individual?

I am the Individual you see. I am also the individual that you don’t see. I am the personality that I present, to most, is all they need to know about me.
I am a private person. My business belongs to me and not you. The fact you exist is not important to me unless I notice that you are interesting and have a mind I find interesting. Then and only then may I want to get to know you as a person. I prefer to be left alone to where possible and travel my own path.

I have many offensive qualities that do not endure people toward me. Most of these qualities will bother you and that is on you. I am sure you will know what I am referring to soon enough when one or more of my less loved qualities will bring you to the point that you just cannot resist the urge to throttle me. Many have expressed a desire to kill me but I am still here.

You may see me as not being warm, caring or kind. If you find me to be cold, uncaring and uncompassionate, then for you that is what I am.  You are welcome to think as you like.

I am tackles to the point of being rude and I am aware it hurts people. Sometimes I care when I see a person hurt by it but mostly I do not care.

Identity

1. What do I like about myself?

That I have an inner self that I can share with others when I wish to. This is something you earn over time I just do not give it away. I know this presents problems and issues.

2. What do I dislike about myself?

I am tackles to the point of being rude and I am aware it hurts people
I am aware that I am seen as not nice or even polite

3. What can I change about myself?

I can be more aware of situations where being tackles is hurt full and being more aware of how I put things and phrase them.

My being not nice or polite is hurtful to others as well as myself. This is  something I may work on.

Last edited by Dragon on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : simple missspelling found. Missed by spellcheck)
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Blind Side

Post by Dragon on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:05 pm

The Blind Side

The learning curve is interesting and I have quickly found one person I will not and can not trust and 2 others who are their associates. I may have been blindsided once by them and I guess they got their giggles out of it.

In my view they lack certain moral values. I wonder if they have any redeeming qualities. I am just glad I found out what I did when I did. As for the two associates I find them guilty by association. As they say birds of a feather flock together.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dragons Journal

Post by Dragon on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:57 am

WORDS LIVE AND COUNT

I own the words I use.
I make no excuses for them.
I mean what I say and I say what i mean.
I do not take back my words as they are my words and I own them as I said them.
I do not apologize for my words as the deed is done and can not be undone.
When I hurt people with words it is me that lives with regret and remorse.
My regrets and remorse are for me to live with.
This is what I live by and Ii expect no less of others.
If you can not live up to this I feel sorry for you as you are a flawed person.
If being called a flawed person hurts so be it.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tattoos (#1) 100 CREDITS

Post by Dragon on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:49 am

1. Perform a skill audit on yourself. 
You should choose only subjects which are suitable to your ideal self. For example, most of us here have below average skill in nuclear physics. However, nuclear physics is not necessary for our ideal self, so it should not be included as a subject.

a. What do you excel at? Chemistry, Economics, Finance 

b. What do you want to excel at? Public Speaking

c. What are you above average at? History Geography

d. What are you average at? Math

e. What are you below average at? English

f. What are you unlearned in? Art

2. Write out a skill list using what you have gathered from the process above. You may choose multiple skills for each category if you wish.

For example:

• Chemistry,  Researcher

b    Economics, Finance   Economics, Finance
  c    History Geography 
  d     Math
  e.    English
  f.     Art

3. Using the list made from your self audit, rate each skill on the following scale.

a. 8-11 (most important) Chemistry,  Researcher  Economics, Finance Math
b. 7-4 (somewhat important) English
c. 3-1 (least important)   Art

4. Once each skill is rated, choose 3 skills from 8-11 and 1 skill from 7-4.
   Economics, Finance Math
   English
---
5. Perform a value audit on yourself.

a. What values matter most?
1. Being Honest & Truthful Trustworthy  2. .Integrity.  3. Just & Fair. 4.  Keeps Promises .5.  Having Courage  .6 Respect. Loyalty/Fidelity.

Respect. Loyalty/Fidelity.
b. What values matter somewhat?
1. Being Caring/Compassionate  2. Benevolent  3. Being Persevering/Diligent. 4. Takes Personal Responsibility.
5. Have Patience. 5 Maintains self-control. 7.  Tolerance. 8.  Having Courage  9. Does No Harm.

c. What values matter least?
1 Being Willing to Sacrifice 3. Have  Empathy. 4 Being Forgiving. 5 Makes Peace. .6   Benefiting Others.

6. Using the list made from your self audit, rate each skill on the following scale.

a. 8-11 (most important) 1. Being Honest & Truthful Trustworthy  2. .Integrity.  3. Just & Fair. 4.  Keeps Promises
.5.  Having Courage  .6 Respect. Loyalty/Fidelity.  7. Have  Empathy. 4 Being Forgiving.

b. 7-4 (somewhat important)
1. Being Caring/Compassionate  2. Benevolent  3. Being Persevering/Diligent. 4 Takes Personal Responsibility. 5. Have Patience. 6  Maintains self-control. 7.  Tolerance. 8.  Having Courage  9. Does No Harm.  10. Have  Empathy.
 11   Benefiting Others.

c. 3-1 (least important)  
1 Being Willing to Sacrifice. 2 Being Forgiving. 3.  Makes Peace.   4   Benefiting Others.

7. Select 3 values from 8-11 and 2 values from 7-4

3 values from 8-11   1. Being Honest & Truthful Trustworthy  2. Integrity.  3  Just & Fair.

2 values from 7-4    1.   Being Caring/Compassionate   .2 Being Persevering/Diligent.

9. Design a tattoo for each selected skill and value by either drawing/painting or photo/graphic manipulation. *making sigils is also acceptable.*

10. Place your completed tattoos in your Book of Mirrors. 
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friendship

Post by Dragon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:39 am

Personally I m not interested in having friends as they take to to much of my time energy, time and effort.

I take it as a blessing when people tell me they do not want to be my friend.

I means I do not have to make a decision as they have made it form me.

I can then hold them to that decision as long as they live as words live on.

I judge people by what they have said and what they have failed to say.

I judge people their actions and inaction's.

I am not here to make friends nor do I want to.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragons Journal

Post by Anansi on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 pm

It seems you make the choice for them by the way you judge them.

Anansi
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 pm

@Anansi wrote:It seems you make the choice for them by the way you judge them.

Anansi, Dragon is displaying two angles, that of severity and judgment.

I carry a lantern."

Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 1

Post by Dragon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Tree of Life
Many Religions and mystical beliefs use the Tree of life and it is found to be a common thread that winds through them, there is a long list of Religions that use The Tree of Life It is interesting that they all use the same basis structure. This structure is basic to all of them. This structure consists of the crown, the three towers and the four planes. The understanding of what the Tree of Life is and its construction is important to the Qabalistic Interpretation.
Tree of Life. The diagram has ten circles representing the Sephiroth (singular: Sephirah); they can be represented as, "spheres," "numbers," or "emanations". The Sephiroth or (spheres) are the numbered 1 through 10 in their archetypal sense. Each Sephirah or Sphere has its own archetypal idea. Also, the Sephiroth represent emanations from God and describe the process of creation.
Kabbalists Created the Tree of life. This Tree of Life has been easily applied to other religions and esoteric teachings; it is both basic and fundamental. First and for all, this is a blueprint of the human being, and everything on the Tree of Life is a reflection of what happens inside oneself.  One should experience, the Tree of Life inside oneself.
The Sephiroth or Spheres each their own respective place on the Tree, and the way they relate to each other in particular ways, depending, on the Paths that connect them. The Kabbalah system is not a rigid system and has a lot of flexibility in the interpretation.

The Sephiroth are emanations from the divine. They are strongly defined by number and place on the Tree of life. The Sephiroth are thought to be substantial principles of power-vessels and or categorical ideas that the consciousness of the universe expresses itself, in which the divine powers can manifest themselves in their creative evolution. They are orbs of light, receptacles that hold certain energies as they flow down from the divine source. They are like different powers with different potencies coming from the divine. They are always there, forever active, never ending. They are a conduit that runs between the divine, the Absolute (Ain-Soph) and the physical world as we know it. They are characterized by limitation, measure, and concretization. They are degrees of powers. This is the reason that they have different places on the Tree of Life. They are the substance of reality. They came from the divine, but are uncreated. The universe that was created is just a reflection.
One of the best systems of knowledge is the Cabalistic Tree of Life. This diagram contains ten circles representing the Sephiroth (singular: Sephirah); that is, "spheres," "numbers," or "emanations". The Sephiroth are the numbers 1 through 10 considered in their archetypal sense. Each Sephirah is an archetypal idea. Also, the Sephiroth represent emanations from God and describe the process of creation.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 2

Post by Dragon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 pm

In the Beginning

First there is Ain. Ain is Negativity, Nothingness, The Negative Existence, the Great Emptiness, The Absolute, The Absence of Things, The Prime Cause, The Originless Origin of all manifestation. You guessed it; it is not knowable, it is indescribable, everything we say about it, it is not.
     Then there is Ain Soph. Ain means 'not' and soph means "end". Ain Soph is the Infinite, The Limitless, Infinite Space, Eternity. It is also called the Holy Old One, or the Old One of All Old Ones. Ain Soph is the primal darkness of the absolute unity above anything else. Ain Soph is the one in which everything has its origin, its existence,and to which everything returns.
     Next we have the Ain Soph Aur. Aur means light. The Ain Soph Aur is the Limitless or Infinite Light.

[table style="direction:ltr;
border-collapse:collapse;border-style:solid;border-color:#A3A3A3;border-width:
0pt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary=][tr][td style="border-width:0pt;vertical-align:top;width:6.1138in;padding:4pt 4pt 4pt 4pt"]     Now the Ain Soph Aur retracts itself within itself to a light point. Here we have substantiality out of nothing. This brings forth Kether (=the Crown), the first Sephira at the top of Tree of Life. Here is the primal vibration of the universe to follow.
     This light point starts to emit light energy, light rays. This is the primal ocean of subtle ether used for the building of the universe. This subtle ether is polarized into harmonious moving opposites of positive and negative, attraction and repulsion, contraction and expansion. There is harmonious equilibrium.
 [/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 3

Post by Dragon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:21 pm

[table style="direction:ltr;
border-collapse:collapse;border-style:solid;border-color:#A3A3A3;border-width:
0pt" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" summary=][tr][td style="border-width:0pt;vertical-align:top;width:3.6729in;padding:4pt 4pt 4pt 4pt"]

Ok, now we have three Sephiroth, and they form a trinity, called the Supernal triad. Under this trinity is the Abyss. Above the Abyss is the realm of ideas, or the Ideal. Under the Abyss, is the world of the real, or Reality and Causality, in which the next seven Sephiroth are to come. The next seven Sephiroth are the crystallization, the densification, of the subtle ether. Together they produce the universe, the world we know.
To the right are all ten Sephiroth of the Tree of life with the columns superimposed.

The negative energy creates the Severity (Judgment) pillar on the left side and the positive energy creates the Mercy pillar on the right side of the Tree of Life. And thus the next two Sephiroth arise: Chokmah (Wisdom) on the right side, and Binah (Understanding) on the left side. The left pillar is also called the Pillar of Form, the right pillar the Pillar of Force, and the middle pillar, the Pillar of Consciousness. Of the middle pillar it is said that it both shows how God reveals Himself to us (downward movement) and how it is our path for "conforming to His image" (upward movement).

[/td]
[td style="border-width:0pt;vertical-align:top;width:2.4166in;padding:4pt 4pt 4pt 4pt"][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 4

Post by Dragon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:24 pm

1. Kether
     Kether is the first manifested Sephirah, the first condensation of the light of Ain-Soph. Kether means 'the Crown'. It sits like a crown on the top of the Tree of Life, but at the same time is the Crown on top of our head. It is said that Kether encircles and covers the brain of the primordial Man, Adam Kadmon. One might compare it with the Crown Chakra of the yoga system. It is called the Crown because Kether belongs half to the human system (and the Tree of Life) and half to the Divine (or Ain-Soph), like a crown sits on top of the head, but is not quite part of the head itself. Kether connects the Divine and the human. Or, man lives in the universe but does not belong to the universe, but to the divine. Kether is man's connection to the divine. That is why Kether is partly hidden, because of its connection to the Nothingness, and partly manifest because of its connection to the manifested universe.
     Kether is the source of light rising up from the darkness. It is a monad of pure energy in which all opposites are unified. In Kether is the blueprint of the entire universe.
     Kether is also called Mashabah, which is consciousness, as Kether is pure consciousness. In Kether resides the divine essence of a person, indestructible. Kether is also called the Crown because of its ability to receive and integrate the divine energy.

2. Chochmah
     Chochmah is the second Sephiroth. Chochmah means 'wisdom'. It is the Word, the Logos. It is the Son in relation to Kether as its Father. Remember Chochmah is on top of the right, positive, male pillar, and thus Chochmah is considered to embody the primal male energies. It is the active, male principle, the vital, energizing element of existence. In Chochmah is the will to create.
Chochmah is associated in the soul with the power of intuitive insight, flashing lightning-like across consciousness.
     In man Chochmah corresponds to the right brain hemisphere. It rules imagination and conceptual faculties. Chochmah also relates to the sense of sight.

3. Binah
     Binah (=Understanding) is the third Sephirah and sits on top of the left, negative, female pillar. It embodies the primal female energies. Binah and Chochmah form a harmonious relationship. She is the female that harbors the seed and brings forth the fruit. She is the Mother, the Great Sea, the primal substance filling the entire universe and the fundament of the universe.
     Binah is stability, it organizes, regulates and gives form to the energies of Chochmah. Binah calms the stimulating energies of Chochmah. While Chochmah is the seed, Binah nurtures the seed.
     Binah comprises the entire intellectual power of human consciousness. In the human thoughts, the intuitive formations of Chochmah come to fruition in Binah and become understandable and classifiable. Binah is associated in the soul with the power of conceptual analysis and reasoning, both inductive and deductive. The "understanding" of Binah also implies the ability to examine the degree of truth or falsehood inherent in a particular idea.

4. Chesed
     Chesed (=Mercy) is the first Sephirah created underneath the Abyss. Chesed is  unlimited benevolence. Chesed arises by the outpouring of of the energy of the supernal triad across the Abyss in the world of causality. It contains a productive and vivifying energy.
     Chesed is the first of the seven lower Sephiroth that give form to the universe, and in this sense it is related to such concepts as laws, justice, generosity, protection, maintainer, aspects we associate with a king-ruler. Chesed is unlimited benevolence. Chesed is associated in the soul with the desire to embrace all of Creation and bestow upon it goodness.
     Chesed contains the oral esoteric teachings, the secret teachings, the hidden knowledge.

5. Geburah
     Geburah is the fifth Sephirah. It stands for power, strength and courage. As we saw in Chesed an outpouring of energy, in Geburah this energy is being controlled, contracted, limited. As a pair, their qualities provide an equilibrium between expansion and contraction. The contracting quality of Geburah allows for usefulness, activity, progress. It also decomposes that which is useless.
     Geburah is the king-warrior, who is well aware of the boundaries of his territory and will fiercely defend it. Discipline, severity, restriction are his nature. It is the restraining might of Geburah, which allows one to overcome his enemies, be they from without or from within (his evil inclination).
     Geburah contains the written teachings
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 5

Post by Dragon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 pm

6. Tiphereth
     The sixth Sephirah, Tiphereth (=Beauty) is the center of the Tree of Life. It corresponds to heart of the human body, where the sense of ego lies. Being in the center of the Tree of Life nothing happens without its mediation. It coordinates and gives harmony and equilibrium to the inflowing forces. It reconciles and gives compassion.
     Tiphereth is also associated with sacrifice, since as we climb up the Tree of Life we have to sacrifice the ego at this place, before we can go any higher.

7. Nezach
     The seventh Sephirah is Nezach, Victory or triumph, victory without regret. Nezach is the place of the emotions, the feelings, the powers that stimulate creativity. Nezach contains what people usually understand by love, satisfaction, and art in all its forms.
     Nezach, As the divine energies flow down the Tree of Life, Nezach makes them practical for man. It allows man to crystallize his intentions and sweep away parasitical energies.

8. Hod
     The eight Sephirah is Hod, Glory. Being the opposite of Nezach, Hod controls the practical, emotional energies of Nezach by its mental powers. Hod is associated with the intellect and thoughts. Intellect and emotions need to balance each other. Expressing emotions without thinking is equivalent to uncontrolled rage. Thinking without emotions leads to becoming rigid.
     Hod gives stability, fixation and practical knowledge to the free flowing energies of Nezach. Hod by itself is very speculative and theoretical.
     Hod is associated in the soul with the power to continually advance, with the determination and perseverance born of deep inner commitment, toward the realization of one's life goals. The acknowledgment of a supreme purpose in life, and the total submission of self which it inspires, serves to endow the source of one's inspiration with an aura of splendor and majesty.

9. Yesod
     The ninth Sephirah is Yesod, the Foundation. It is the foundation of the created world on which the other Sephirth rest. Yesod is usually seen as the lower astral world, the ether of electromagnetic substance well known in spiritualism and psychic phenomena. It is a subtle energy that vivifies, coordinates, integrates and stimulates the physical bodies. It is related to sexual energies and the sexual organs in the human body.
     Yesod has the qualities of imagination, illusions, and dreams, all of which are necessary to make things happen in the world when properly understood. It gives us the power to connect, communicate and contact with outer reality (which is the next Sephirah, Malkuth).
     All higher energies of the first eight Sephiroth have to pass through Yesod when expressing themselves in the physical world (=the tenth Sephirah). Yesod guides, forms and structures those higher energies and shapes them into their final patterns when expressed in the physical world. In this sense Yesod is also the foundation of the physical world, as the physical world is just the physical expression, or formation of what has already been structured and formed in Yesod.
     Yesod is linked to the stream of blessings, or energies, that are flowing from the upper world to the physical world, for this Yesod is also called El Hai, the Living God, or El Shaddai, God the Provider.

10. Malkuth
     The final and Tenth Sephiroth is Malkuth, the Kingdom. As last of the Sephiroth it is the synthesis of all other Sephiroth. Malkuth is the physical and total expression of the divine. It is the physical world as we daily experience it, the physical body, but also all crystallized energies that make this physical life possible. Malkuth gives us the power of self-expression.
     Malkuth is also called The Queen, the Daughter, Bride, or Gate. As Gate it is the gate through which one enters the Tree of Life. As Queen, Daughter or Bride she is the Shekinah, the female aspect of the divinity, in relation to Kether, the first Sephirah, who is the King, Father or Groom. It also shows that when ascending the Tree, one needs to join Bride and Groom, that is joining our ordinary consciousness with the divine consciousness.
     In Malkuth the Shekinah, or Divine presence, lies dormant. For Shekniah to rise up successfully, all six Sephiroth of what is called Zeïr Anpin (the Small Face) have to be purified, otherwise Shekinah will retreat back to Malkuth.

Shekinah
     The kabbalists see the Ehieh-Shekinah as the undifferentiated primal cosmic force, a unity of opposites that is the cosmic consciousness of the divine, or Ain Soph.
     Although a unity, we human beings see it as two opposites. Ehieh-Shekinah is both inside ourselves and out there in the world.
     Ehieh is cosmic consciousness, and we regard it as the positive, male principle, static and transcendent.
Shekinah is cosmic energy, and we regard it as the negative, female principle, kinetic and present in everyday life.
     Shekinah can be in two states: active and passive. In her active state she is the creative movement that brought forth the cosmos. She is the driving force of all the manifestations in the universe. When coming down from the Ain Soph she created all the Sephiroth and rests in the last Sephira, Malkuth. This is her passive state. This means that Shekinah is passive on the physical level and lower levels of consciousness. Shekinah is also in

rest in the physical body. But Shekinah can be awakened and made active. Then she will guide us up the Tree of life, to be united again with her partner or groom Ehieh.
     All this is very similar to Kundalini in the yoga and Tantra system.

Adam Kadmon
     Adam Kadmon is Primal Man, the Heavenly Adam, the Original Man. In the strictest sense he is the emanation of the Divine in Atziluth (the World of Emanation, see below), but he also radiates in the other three Worlds. It is man as he originally was, and actually still is although he does not realize it anymore, because his consciousness has split. Part of him is still close to the Divine, while the other part is here on earth. That is why it is said that he has two faces.

The Two Faces
      Arick Anpin, the Long Face or Long Countenance. It is composed of the three Supernals: Kether, Chochmah and Binah. It is the part of ourselves that experiences infinity, it is our immortal being. It is also called the superconscious power of will in man.
      Zeïr Anpin is the Small Face, or Small Countenance. It is composed of the Sephiroth Yesod, Hod, Nezach, Tiphereth, Geburah and Chesed, and sometimes Daath, the hidden Sephiroth is included as well. Zeïr Anpin is seen as the emotive faculties of the soul. They form the personality of a person, those temporal qualities or psychological characteristics that make a unique person. They are temporal because they are the faculties we got at birth, we will shed them at death. Zeïr Anpin is finite as it belongs to the lesser worlds. It only has finite states of being. Zeïr Anpin is our mortal being.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 7

Post by Dragon on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:17 am

The Abyss and the Veil

The Abyss and the Veil are two 'obstacles' to overcome when ascending the Tree of Life. There is that much information available and their position on the Tree varies with the writer. I find their position as shown here the most logical as both obstacles form a separation between the three triads.
The Abyss

Kether, Chochmah and Binah form a trinity, the supernal triad, which resides above the Abyss. This Abyss cannot be traversed by man as long as he is bound by his world of intellect and everyday experiences. Only by riding the mercabah (=the wagon, vehicle) of mystical experience, with the resulting destruction of the sense of ego, will he be able to traverse the Abyss and contact the supernal triad.

The Veil
     Under the second triad, formed by Chesed, Geburah and Tiphereth, is another barrier, called the Veil. The Veil shields our ordinary consciousness (below the Veil where the next four Sephirah are) from the deeper contents of our soul, above the Veil). The Veil is the same as the veil in the temple, the curtain that shields the mysteries from the profane. Only the initiated can pass the veil. It is also the veil or curtain behind the High Priestess in the Tarot.

Daath, the Hidden Sephirah

There is a lot of dispute about the Sephirah Daath which would be the  Sephirah following Binah and situated on the middle pillar, and 'above' the Abyss.  Some say it is not a Sephirah at all.
     Daath means Knowledge, in the first place knowledge of the Divine and the divine expression in the universe. Daath is also the total of knowledge gained by an individual throughout his life or lifetimes, and especially the knowledge about what (his) life is all about.
     Daath is also the key to the manifestation of all things. It is a Sephirah of becoming, as after Daath Creation will take place.
     It is said that Daath is the child of Binah and Chohmah, the Mother and the Father, not situated on the Tree of Life, but above. That is, Kether, Chochmah and Binah form the (flat) basis of a triangular pyramid (actually a tetrahedron) and Daath is at the top of this pyramid, above the flat plane of the Tree. Why the ancients saw it this way, we don't know. Maybe they wanted to express a particular insight. I think one can easily fit Daath in the regular Tree of Life as fourth Sephirah.
      Ascending the Tree of Life on the middle pillar, passing Tiphereth, we leave the ego behind and cross the Abyss. Daath is seen as entering the mysterious blackness. This void or emptiness receives of and ultimately leads to the Brilliance of the White Light of Kether. The void or emptiness should not be seen as a negative, awful place, but as the underlying nature of all things and beings as explained by Buddhism and especially by Dzogchen. Only by passing through the Abyss can we realize out innermost spiritual nature.
     In the human body Daath is situated between the two brain hemispheres, and thus sometimes said to be between the eyes.

Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of Life part 9

Post by Dragon on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:34 am

The Tree of Life and the Four Worlds

The Tree of Life and the Four Worlds
     The Four Worlds relate to the Tree of Life in different ways. They are all equaly valid and the different system are just different ways to look at the same thing, like a diamond that shows different colors under different angles of view.
     One way to look at it is by saying that the Tree of Life exists in each World, thus we have four Trees, an Atziluth tree, a Briah tree... Thus we have, for example, a Tipheret Sephirah in each of the four worlds, each having different qualities according to the World it is in.

Another way is that the ends of the Tree of life overlap when crossing a World. Malkuth of Atziluth becomes Kether of Briah; Malkuth of Briah becomes Kether of  Yetzirah; and Malkuth of Yetzirah becomes Kether of Assiah.

Then one can look at a single Tree of Life and see the four Worlds correspond to different levels of the

When we accept Daath as part of the Tree of Life, then Daath is part of the World of Atziluth, as Daath is situated above the Abyss, some say across the Abyss. Daath is not part of the creation process that takes place on Briah.
    Kether is a connection point to the divine, and is usually not counted as a Sephirah when Daath is included. As the Crown, Kether sits both upon man's head and the Tree of Life but is not actually part of either.
   The triads are always regarded as important structures in the Tree of Life.  On each level they represent the polar opposites of energies on that level plus the resulting equilibrium. Leaving Kether out as part of any triad we find Atzliuth, Briah and Yetzirah are complete, but then the problem with the traditional tree is that in the potential triad of Assiah,  Malkuth stands alone, with the corresponding pair of opposites not shown.

It could be this way: the boundary lines between the four Worlds run through or are placed at Daath, Tiphereth and Yesod, with these three Sephiroth functioning as transformation stations between the Worlds. It is said that Daath is astride the Abyss. In Tiphereth the transformation from the ego to selflessness happens. Tiphereth is also where the old king dies (Osiris, or Christ on the cross) to be reborn in Geburah (as Horus, or the resurrected Christ). Yesod is where the transformation happens of an animalistic consciousness to a human consciousness.

Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Tree of life Part 10

Post by Dragon on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:37 am

The Human Bodies
Gouph
     Gouph is the physical and densest body, created to be able to work and evolve on the physical plane.
Nephesh
     Nephesh is the "animal soul" that vivifies Gouph, the physical body. Nephesh can be seen as what is known as the etheric body. Nephesh collects the energies of sun and moon, and transforms them into different kinds of useable energies for the physical body. So, Nephesh is actually a body composed out of energy flows. Nephesh is the carrier of all passions, instincts and lusts. On this level man is only conscious of his own needs.
Ruah
     Ruah is called "the human soul", the spirit, the intellect. It is the breath of life which drives the emotions. It corresponds with the astral body. Ruah provides for the warmth of life, the desire for a sensual existence. It also wants to be a ego, but the ego is a construct.
     People with low developed consciousness have a very dense ruah body and will have lower astral or lower emotional tendencies. Man must stop to identify himself with his personality, or ego, and liberate himself from the lower emotional, and also animal, passions. By purifying himself, man will discover that ruah also has moral virtues, and knowledge to distinguish between good and bad.
Neshamah
     Neshamah is the seat of the higher thoughts, corresponding to to the mental body. The mental body is usually divided into two: the lower mental body which is concrete thinking and the higher mental body which is abstract thinking, sometimes also called causal body. (In the causal body resides all the causes of what happens to all the lower bodies.)
Hayyah
     Hayyah is the pure existence of the individuality. It is not really a body but a state of being. It is the state of consciousness where one has a notion of being an essential being with a sense of "I". Here one experiences or is aware of the Divine continuously creating the World.
Yechidah
     Yechidah, "the Only One", is being One in the one. There is no sense of an "I". It comprises the unlimited, transcendental idea of the Absolute.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Qabalistic Interpretation

Post by Dragon on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:38 am

The Qabalistic Interpretation

In order to understand this attribution, we must first go back to the moment when the Tree of Life was
an ideal cosmic harmony and its dark counterpart did not exist. The Cosmic Tree, as it is today, consists of ten levels and twenty-two paths, and the material plane did not exist. At this time, the Tree of life contained Darth. Chok
Daath is an Important part of the cosmic harmony. Daath Is the nearest to the hugest traiad: Kether, , Chokmah and Binah,, above the central sephirah, above the central sephirah. Tiphereth. It was the upper sun which shone upon the neighbouring sephiroth. While Tiphereth was the lower sun. shone its light on to the lower regions, Daath shone upon the upper part of the Tree as the second, mystical sun. Their lights Illuminated two worlds represented by the sephiroth: the lower (below Tiphereth) and the upper (surrounding Daath). Both were bound in harmony to each other. Archangel Michael, ruled the lower sun. Lucifer: The Bringer of Light ruled the upper sun. The angel Lucifer
who resided closest to the divine trinity. Lucifer was the guardian and mediator between the divine light and the lower spheres, it is reflected in an ancient legend that he was God's messenger on earth who observed all earthly events and reported them to God.
On the original Tree of Life, the lowest sephira, was Yesod, an ideal reflection of Kether, the highest one. It was the astral world of man, he was said to be the ideal image of God. Yesod, is also the sphere of sexuality, existing on the Tree of Life in a subtle and dormant form. Lucifer's and other angels' fall are not clear. Perhaps they lusted for man because of his perfection ("That the sons of God took the daughters of men as wives as found in Genesis 6:2)
Lucifer-Daath fell / descended to the level of man and awakened in him the power of creation and sexual energy
which is represented by the gift of fruits of Knowledge, offered by the biblical Serpent. This is the way that man gained access to knowledge, which before this had been only available to God and higher beings.. The sexual union was the  ( forbidden union of worlds ) and caused the fall of the angel’s. Potential of creation (ability to give birth to a new life), and the perfect cosmic harmony was lost. The day man gained the potential of creation (ability to give birth to a new life), and the Perfect cosmic harmony was lost.
Where once Daath existed, an abyss opened and separated the divine triad from the lower levels. Man was removed from  Eden and inhabited the new sephira Malkuth, on the material plane, while the gates to the Garden of Eden were closed for him: "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Genesis 3:24). The Daath sephira together with Lucifer lost its place by the throne of God (Kether) and became the abyss, the gate to Qlipothic anti-worlds in which Lucifer established his kingdom.
The path of Light seeks to reconstruct the original cosmic order and the divine perfection. The death of Christ on the cross is a metaphor of creating the bridge over the abyss and uniting man with God. The Left Hand Path seeks to deepen the Fall and bring to an end the process of destruction, in order to light one's spark of divinity in the absolute darkness of the abyss. By fulfilling the work which has begun with the tasting of the fruits of Knowledge, man reached for the fruits from the
Tree of Life.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nothing is Free

Post by Dragon on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:29 pm

It is my experience that nothing is free, even what seems to be free is not free. The price may not be in monitory dollars but indeed there is a price to pay. In Some cases it may be in self Esteem , Self worth Or just owing someone because they provided something for you and when everything is not going their way the shove everything they provided for you or have done for you in your face. That also is paying a price.

One who wears the mantel of leadership should be aware that without followers there is no leadership
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:25 pm

@Dragon wrote:It is my experience that nothing is free, even what seems to be free is not free. The price may not be in monitory dollars but indeed there is a price to pay. In Some cases it may be in self Esteem , Self worth Or just owing someone because they provided something for you and when everything is not going their way the shove everything they provided for you or have done for you in your face. That also is paying a price.

One who wears the mantel of leadership should be aware that without followers there is no leadership

Well said, Dragon. I award you 5 credits for this realization.

I carry a lantern."

Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friendship

Post by Dragon on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:56 am

Making friends is something I avoid as I find that most people are not your friend anyway. The truth is the people you call your friend are just acquaintances and nothing more. I find that few friends will stick by you in times of trouble or need. Most will leave or just fade away. Your real friends will be their for you but those are rare but valuable.
           I do many things to prevent people from being my friend. I judge people harshly and my decisions are absolute. My personality is bitter and distasteful. I am not nice I am rude and trackless and many other negative things. I have social flaws people can not stand or want to put up with.
           In short I drive people away. I am willing to suffer the consequences for my actions and inaction's and the pain it causes me. If your reading this you should know enough to stay away.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:34 pm

@Dragon wrote:Making friends is something I avoid as I find that most people are not your friend anyway. The truth is the people you call your friend are just acquaintances and nothing more. I find that few friends will stick by you in times of trouble or need. Most will leave or just fade away. Your real friends will be their for you but those are rare but valuable.
           I do many things to prevent people from being my friend. I judge people harshly and my decisions are absolute. My personality is bitter and distasteful. I am not nice I am rude and trackless and many other negative things. I have social flaws people can not stand or want to put up with.
           In short I drive people away. I am willing to suffer the consequences for my actions and inaction's and the pain it causes me. If your reading this you should know enough to stay away.

Your choice will be honored, Dragon.

I carry a lantern."

Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Accomplishments

Post by Dragon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:40 pm

I have finally completed the last step in making my home mine and mine alone.
I have finally removed the last instrument of debit. It was more symbolic that any thing else as I had nothing owning. It was a line of credit that was not being used. The mortgage and line of credit have been discharged. Finally my home is mine. I own it outright for the first time. It is also odd to know your monitory value down to the last dollar.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Passing of Glen Campbell

Post by Dragon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 pm

It hard to lose a music legend. I hope he is in a better place now and his family is at piece with his passing.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Life Is a Journey

Post by Dragon on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 am

We all have parents and we are born from them and they and the state invest great sums of money in us from testing of product to make sure they are safe for a baby and testing of the medicine and vaccines. We are given and the medical care we receive. If we use it the state has tested it to ensure our safety as infants.
      Children we are provided an education by the state which in most cases is free and the products we use and medical we receive is provided by the state through taxes or privately bought depending on your situation. Most of us grow up in a relative free state/country and live a relativity safe life as children.
      Next, we enter our teens and high School where we are prepared by the state further education or the work force. Further education may not be free but for the fortunate there are scholarships or grants and for some student loans. The students who do not go continue with their education are expected by the state to join the workforce and help through taxes on income and products they buy to support the state and their fellow citizens.
        As adults, we are expected to move out of our parents’ home start relationships of our own. Some get married and have children of their own and some do not get married. Now there are also same sex marriages. We buy a house or rent and an apartment. you also but furniture and cars and other things we need. Eventually you come to the reality you need to retire and that you will need to save up for that. Now you are paying off a house and investing in retirement plans. If your are not dome day you may be doing this or you have already started.
        Before you know it, retirement is in front of you and your looking at your ability to retire some of us retire like I did and some stay working as the want to remain in the force for their own reasons. I retired early because I listened to the advice of my father who said " If you have the ability to retire early do it".
         It is often said that there are two things that are for certain death and taxes which is true and the third thing that they do not like to talk about planning your own funeral. In order to do that one has to accept one’s mortality. I have come to this stage and planed my own funeral and made the arrangements. My funeral and final resting place is paid for. I know where I will put to rest and what will be done with my body.
        For those who are a lot younger than I am this does not mean I want to lie down and die. It just means that I have prepared for what may come and my relatives who survive me will not have to deal with the planning of my funeral or finding a final resting place for me.
        A small nugget of advice the earlier you plan your funeral the cheaper it is. The money you pay for your funeral is invested to maintain the guaranteed price at least mine is. This is something you may want to look into but it is you who have to decide to do this planning and purchase.
       If you have any general questions you are invited to ask me. If I can answer your question I will or I may advise you to find a professional for advice.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 am

Dragon, planning your own funeral is something I support. In fact, it should be part of a course provided at this academy.

If you are willing, please write out a full lesson which will take a student from the beginning to the end of this process? 

I will then title it and place it in the appropriate area.

150 credits and recognition for your contribution on the document will be your reward for completing this work.

I carry a lantern."

Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Finances are a Personal Responsibility

Post by Dragon on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 am

I have been involved with finances all my life and you could argue not all. Well let me rephrase that for you " I have been involved with finances as far back as I can remember ". That may sound like a lie but it is not. My father was in the both the trucking business and had houses he rented. Dinner time was the time for discussions that included the family business And I remember that as far back as age 6. At age nine I remember sitting with my father while he made investments and talked about Retirement Planning. I also went with him when he went to see his lawyer about business matters.
      I know this may sound odd to you. I broke into my own pink piggy bank as age six because my father said " You must buy your own bike". Which came from my allowance that went into the piggy bank weekly. I bought a red Super Cycle from Sears. I remember telling the cashier I want to buy this bike and giving her the pink piggy bank with gold trim, to pay for it. They took the piggy bank to a counter that was not being used and counted the money for me. I now owned my first bike and it was mine.
      It was not long until I as able to learn the value of having my own bike. How can I put this nicely. A well meaning christian neighbor did not like me riding my bike on Sundays. He asked my father to take my bike away from me because I was riding it on the lords day. My father responded only as my father would. I can not take his bike away from him. It is his bike and he owns that bike. He paid for it himself. I was only six when I learned the value of owning things as no one could take them away from you.
       If you own something and take care of it properly it is yours and cannot not be taken away you. There is great value in the pride and value of ownership as that can not be taken away from you either.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Personal Finances PT 2 Savings and emergency funds

Post by Dragon on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:04 am

Personal Finances PT 2 Savings and Emergency Funds

Learning how to save money at an early age has been a blessing for me. I highly recommend saving money and investing it. Now I do believe you need a checking account and two saving accounts. One account should be for emergency funds. I would want to build it up to have six months wages. People get fired or laid off for many reasons and it is nice to have a nest egg that you can use until you get back into the work force.
Now some will ask how much money is required for an emergency fund.  Well relax it is not as much money as you might think Now first of all we are not talking about gross wages. I am talking about your actual monthly expenses. What are we really looking at.
1) The roof over your head and your utilities. You could drop back to basic cable to allow your money to go further
2.) Health: You still need your medications.  I highly recommend putting this in your monthly totals.  Talk to your doctor about ways to cut costs without risking your health, perhaps by switching to the generic version of any drugs you take or buying online (and in 90-day supplies).
3.) Transportation: If you have a car payment include your car payment in your monthly total. You will need your car to get around. If you don’t pay the car payments you can lose the car and hurt your credit rating. if you're a two-car family in a town with good public transportation, selling the extra set of wheels may be a way to stretch your emergency savings further. But for the purposes of calculating how much you need for your emergency fund, use your current car situation.
4.) Insurance: You may think you can do without this but it is not recommended. A large bill for a fender bender at this time would ruin your emergency fund. It would be unwise to cancel Auto Insurance, home insurance or renter’s insurance
5.) Recurring Bills: These come in monthly, quarterly, semi annually and annually. Calculate your expenses based on your current situation You can revisit your actual needs and start cutting costs if you need to

Luxuries are not included as they are things you can do without

Savings: These come after you have paid your bills every month and have paid into your emergency fund.

Note: Once your emergency fund is up to date your savings will grow and that is the fund to pay for other things.

Last edited by Dragon on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrections)
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Path

Post by Dragon on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Perhaps I am using the wrong vehicle to get me down the road to the destination that I want to arrive at. Is it possible that I should be using another vehicle on the same road but but take a different path to arrive at my destination.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friends

Post by Dragon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:51 am

Their are friends who are real friends and that you value.
Their are friends who claim to be your friend but have no value as a friend.
Their are people that say they are your friend but really do not want to be your friend,
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Banking and Bank Acounts / Advice from Banking Specalists

Post by Dragon on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:46 pm

I Do Not Like Banks. I do however know you have to deal with them I do believe you need Bank Accounts.
          I do not pay for my bank accounts any more as I am over 60. I have a number of bank accounts which are all for savings.
          I do not pay for them so why not? If you are going to pay for your bank accounts and service charges are attached.
          I would not do what I am doing.
                   I dislike service charges. I would suggest that you check every service charge that is on your account. Every Service charge               you think is wrong or unfair I would challenge it. I recommend that you be both aggressive and assertive when you challenge service             charges. I can say this has worked for me over the years. Things they have given me are free banking for 1 year and a person                     banking assistant. To be honest that was for a huge mistake they made.
                  I do like credit unions better than banks as they are cheaper and more responsive to customer needs. I also find that the have             better rates on loans as well as GICs. If you have credit unions in your area I would recomend you check them out and read over
          literature and see if they are competitive with banks in your area. Check out the insurance on the accounts and what if covers and               how much it is for.
                 I do not trust Banking Specialists and the letters behind their name don't mean much. Some have their Professional Financial
         Planner behind their name. Now they may be very good at what they do but they DO NOT WORK FOR YOU THEY WORK FOR THE
           BANK and SERVE THE INTEREST OF THE BANK.

THIS IS IMPORTANT:  Any advice that a Banking Specialist gives you that is on a product that is not banking related should
           not be taken to be correct. These products would include STOCKS, BONDS, MUTUAL FUNDS,
GOVERNMENT RETIREMENT                          SAVINGS ACCOUNTS , TAXATION ADVICE ( ADVICE ON INCOME TAX ). 

FOR STOCKS BONDS AND MUTUAL FUNDS: I recommend you see a stock broker that would be willing to talk to you about the                recommendation from the bank.

GOVERNMENT RETIREMENT SAVINGS ACCOUNTS:  I recommend that you research the market not only banks have these.                      Insurance companies can have a financial division that has these products with more attractive options than a bank
           provides.

TAXATION ADVICE ( ADVICE ON INCOME TAX ). I would not accept advice from a Banking Specialist on any thing tax related. I           would go get advice from an accountant that does income tax.

I would also recommend hiring a Personal Financial Planner and developing your own personal financial plan. Now this is a
          good idea as this person is working for you and should be looking out for your best interests.    

Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Financial Planning

Post by Dragon on Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Financial planning
I highly recommend having a financial plan. I think it is wise to hire a financial planner and have your financial planner work through a financial plan with you. When this is done you should have a financial document, which will act as your financial guide. With a 1, 3, 5 and 10-year plan.

Your financial plan should show you your strengths and weaknesses and give you a plan to fix your weaknesses

As we get older our goals change and also what we want out of life also changes.
That being said your financial plan should be updated on a regular basas.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FInances Investing

Post by Dragon on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:20 am

We all will likely end up investing eventually even it is as simple as a savings account in a bank or a Guaranteed Investment Certificate. Theses are the safest and essayist investments to make. The point of investing is to make money and to keep your moneys shrinking because of inflation. Savings Accounts from banks in the USA and the highest interest rate is 1.30 percent and the and 12 month trailing USA inflation rate is 1.7 percent. This means that you just lost .05 percent buying power on the money in a savings account. I know this is a is hard to understand so I will try to make it easy to understand.  

A Item X cost         $100.00 a year ago
B Item X today cost $101.70 a year ago
C your investment return  $1.30
D Taxes on investment     .26
E Interest rate on investment  1.30 % or .013
F tax rate .2
From the information above lets look at this

Increase in cost of Item X = B-A  
Return on your investment =A X E
Tax on your investment = (B-A) X F

B-A                       AXE
(101.70 - 100.00) - (( 100.00 X .013) - ( A X E X F))
        1.70           -             (    1.30 - .26  )
=      1.70           -                       1.04
=                       .66 

Now you are short 66 cents to buy Item X and you must go and earn that money some where.

Note : the tax rate used was picked as it would be a lower tax rate and may not apply in your case as you may or may not pay taxes at all or pay taxes at a different rate.

If we look at a USA 5 yesr CD from a us bank we can plug in the numbers and see how we do.

A Item X cost         $100.00 a year ago
B Item X today cost $101.70 a year ago
C your investment return  $2.30
D Taxes on investment     .46
E Interest rate on investment  2.30 % or .023
F tax rate .2
From the information above lets look at this

Increase in cost of Item X = B-A  
Return on your investment =A X E
Tax on your investment = (B-A) X F

B-A                       AXE                 A  X   E   X  F
(101.70 - 100.00) - (( 100.00 X .013) - ( 100 X .023 X .2))
        1.70           -             (    2.30 - .46  )
=      1.70           -                       1.84
                         =  .14

=                     .14                 

Note 1: the tax rate used was picked as it would be a lower tax rate and may not apply in your case as you may or may not pay taxes at all or pay taxes at a different rate.

Note 2: Any fees paid out must be accounted for and subtracted from the return.

Now you you can but Item X today and have 14 cents left over.

Here is my problem with a 5 yr CD is that the US government projected annual inflation rates for the next 5 years are 2017 2.65% , 2018 2.38% , 2019 2.64% , 2020 2.32% , 2021 2.16% and 2022 2.27%

For an investment to work you must make more money than the cost of inflation and when you plug in the numbers your returns do not offset the cost of inflation.

I am not a investment advisor or financial planner so do not take my word on this and please seek professional guidance when investing your hard earned money. Please remember financial advisors  or account specialist that work for a bank are looking out for the banks best interest not your best interest.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Investments ( BONDS )

Post by Dragon on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Bonds Hmmmmmmm. Honestly I don't know enough about them. I avoid them and I do not know enough about them. I know enough to know it is a big money game and the small investor does not belong in that market. I stay out of the bond market and the rest of the investing world can do as it likes.
      I know they have mutual funds that are strictly bonds. Now that being said I do not like mutual funds and I know they have a place for the small investor that has limited money and knowledge of the stock market or bond market.
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Investments ( STOCKS and MUTUAL FUNDS )

Post by Dragon on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:17 pm

I happen to like stocks for a number of reasons. I have things I do not like about them as well. I like stocks from mature company's that have a solid reputation and the stock is known for giving a solid dividend which has been increasing over the years. I also like to see a slow and steady growth pattern.
             I like the fact that their is a steady income stream from these type of stocks while you wait for them to appreciate in value. Now this being said many countries give you a tax advantage in the form of lower tax rates for taking the risk of investing in the stock market. 
             Now both dividends and capital gains usually get a reduced tax rate when you have to pay the tax on them. which makes them better than interest bearing investments.
             What I don't like about stocks. Company's balance sheets and numbers can be played with. This is often done to change the outlook of the prospectus. This may make the company look better than what it actually is. This my get you to buy the stock.

Mutual funds are great for the small investor wanting to build up a portfolio with the help of a financial planner. This method of acquiring stocks through mutual funds allows the small investor an easy way to get a balances diversified portfolio in the various sectors in the stock market.

I still must stress that you know your risk tolerance before getting into stocks or mutual funds.  Remember Mutual funds are accounts that hold stocks or bonds or both stocks and bonds and or cash. What you are buying is a peice of that account.

Last edited by Dragon on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : just fixing up some changes made when it was saved)
Dragon
Initiate of Spider House
Initiate of Spider House

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top