Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

The beginning of the forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The beginning of the forest

Post by Avarue on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:17 pm

This will be a exploration of who and what I am. This will be the record for my promise to myself - to find myself and become what I am intended to. This journal will serve to keep me accountable to my goal. With life comes struggle and hardship, but also joy and clarity - both sides will be seen here.
Avarue
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The beginning of the forest

Post by Avarue on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 pm

The path of discovery:

1) What do I want?

It is fairly simple - I want to find myself. I want to know who I am, and what I am to become. I want to learn to forge a path for myself and keep on it. 

2) How can I get what I want? 

Dedication, perseverance, Strength of will. I will make it happen purely because I want it. 

3) Who am I as a individual?

I am right now not much. I can be adventurous, quiet, self-contained. In thought I am highly academic - but for me as of now that is it.  Much of it is still to be seen. 

Overall I am still developing who I am again. It has been five years since I last knew myself. I am getting better and recovering. As I am doing so I have realized that I have lost almost everything from before. I really am not that same person. There are things that have stayed but most have left. I am here to make my new self - to find out who I am now. This also means that some questions and starting things will not have a great reply to begin with - because I am still making that foundation.
Avarue
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarue on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:32 pm

The path of Identity:

1) What do I like about myself?

I like my mindset, I like how I look at the world as a flow of events and actions. In all honesty to me the world can be perfectly described by science - because in the end that is the only reality we all truly share.

2) What do I dislike about myself?

I dislike the dead-ness I feel inside. I dislike the fear and pain I live in. I dislike being controlled by the whims of others, and by my PTSD. 

3) What can I change about myself?

Right now the slate is pretty clean, I can change almost anything. This is a new beginning for me. I know I will always carry some of the PTSD with me, as well as other mental, emotional, and physical scars.
Avarue
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarue on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:07 am

Last night was interesting. I wen to a MENSA meeting where a astronomy professor and ambassador from NASA spoke on the upcoming eclipse. It was quite interesting and refreshing to be in a room with people who are so interested in learning and knowledge. I cannot wait to be able to go down to the eclipse - I am close enough to the path of totality that I can drive down to one of the observatories that is on the center of the path.  As for MENSA, I think I am going to put in a application to get into MENSA, I have the scores for it I just never put in the application. 
Avarue
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarue on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Regarding the gold coins exercise:

Reflecting on how I spend my time was very helpful. I can see how what I have done is very focused on my studies, however I am not making the best use of my time. 

I normally take study breaks and bring up a video on youtube, or read a chapter of a book. Most often though I will bring up a episode of something on Netflix. Now, this is not necessarily bad as I always choose a 30 to 45 minute long show, and typically work for almost 3 hours before taking a break. Which generally puts me with watching one or two shows in a day. However, this time could be better spent with doing a short workout, or taking a walk - which would be healthier for me and improve my focus and memory. This is something that I am going to have to watch more, and account for. 

Currently I am working on putting together a schedule for daily activities. This will need to be planned into it so that I have a effective structure to adhere to - and not fall back into the same old situation.
Avarue
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avarue on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:28 pm

Right now I am contemplating the place of emotions in life. I am in the middle as to what level the pertain. This is something I really have to think out some more. I once thought that emotions were everything, and then at another point that they were nothing. The truth is in that middle - emotions have their place, but it is not everything, and not nothing. The question lies with how much they impact what areas. 

Another thing I am contemplating are passions, I know two for sure - however there are more to be found. Currently the list stands as such:

sure thing:
1) Physics (astrophysics or particle physics in particular)
2) Search and Rescue / Disaster relief

possible others (?):
3) Martial Arts 
4) Kayaking / Skiing (kayaking in the spring/summer/fall, and skiing(the snow kind) during the winter/ early spring)
5) Ballet (particularly pointe / demi-pointe)
6) History (particularly warfare/strategy)
Avarue
Butterfly Initiate
Butterfly Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top