Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

The Stonecutter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Stonecutter

Post by Luci Black on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:04 am

The Stonecutter
Japanese Folklore

I carry a lantern."

Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Academy Credit : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Stonecutter

Post by Talesia on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 pm

It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a mouse; you are much better served in this life by being the best mouse you can be, instead of being a mouse trying to be a lion. Because then you fail at both. 

Of course, by that logic, angels should not aspire to be gods; and perhaps that is the real and overlooked tragedy of the Morningstar.

Talesia
Associate
Associate

Academy Credit : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Minaethiel wrote:

It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a mouse; you are much better served in this life by being the best mouse you can be, instead of being a mouse trying to be a lion. Because then you fail at both. 

Of course, by that logic, angels should not aspire to be gods; and perhaps that is the real and overlooked tragedy of the Morningstar.

Whether you can be or can not be, you will never know until you try.

I carry a lantern."

Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Academy Credit : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:31 am

"It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a mouse; you are much better served in this life by being the best mouse you can be, instead of being a mouse trying to be a lion. Because then you fail at both."

"Of course, by that logic, angels should not aspire to be gods; and perhaps that is the real and overlooked tragedy of the Morningstar."

Thank you, that was just the "Cherry On Top" as they say.

Back to top Go down

Post by LumosDrakken on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:47 pm

I don't believe that we are necessarily born/created into a destiny that is all that we are meant to become. Whether you were born a beggar, or a king... created as human, an angel, or a god..... I believe we are supposed to make individual choices that accumulate over time and make us what we are to finally become. Even that is not final, because once achieved, goals and aspirations grow, evolve and change. This parallels what people with lots of money refer to as 'living up to your means'. If you survived off of $1,000.00 a month, and then suddenly made $10,000.00 a month instead, you would change sooo much about yourself that they may as well be the same amount. Many people would anyway, some may not. I see no point in settling for any situation, it is only by your own will and action that you can mold the life or existence that you wish to achieve. If not for that simple truth, would we all be here sharing this community that Luci Black is building? 

"A learned person underrates own intelligence and overvalues others importance, so remains in public largely shy; the foolish person overrates own importance and undervalues others intelligence, so often publicly lie." - Anuj Somany
LumosDrakken
Initiate of Serpent House
Initiate of Serpent House

Academy Credit : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: