Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

The six questions of Discovery and Identity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The six questions of Discovery and Identity

Post by LumosDrakken on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:09 pm

1. What do I want?
      I want to attain balance more than anything. The ability to endure anything and not be overwhelmed by it one way or another. I would also like to gain more self awareness and control, over myself and all the influences that are factors in life. I want to improve my knowledge, I possess a great base of knowledge on many topics, but I have a naturally hungry mind and want to know everything better than I currently do.

2. How can I get what I want?
     I may attain balance by exercising the skills of self awareness and self control, my mood cannot be so easily knocked out of balance by any stimuli if I keep proper perspective and maintain line of sight between where I am now and where I wish to be in the future. Self-study, meditation, my chronicle, and plenty of patience are all tools that if I sharpen them and utilize them properly, can help me to attain my goals.

3. Who am I as an individual?
     I am the chaotic line between yin and yang. I am a conundrum at times, even to myself. I have many roles to fill in the life I've lived so far, and sometimes I lose sight of which things are my core being, and which things I've become due to internal and external need. 
     I am a sinner and a saint, a student and a teacher, a warrior and a dreamer, a creative force and the destroyer of all I see, the lone wolf that is the fringe member of my pack, an example of both divine energies and corporeal form.
     In the tarot, The Fool signifies not stupidity, but the blank slate waiting to record life and all its knowledge and experience... or unshaped clay ready to be molded into form. So I feel that regardless of all I have been through and learned in life, I am The Fool.

4. What do I like about myself?
     I like that I have an amassed knowledge on a diverse set of topics.  I like that I am caring and compassionate. I have a personal code that I will suffer and die to live by and I stand ready to defend those that cannot defend themselves. I like my capacity to teach others complex ideas with simpler terms. I like that I am honest, even when it may cause discomfort for myself or others.

5. What do I dislike about myself?
     This list could go on until the end of days. I try to be positive, but tend toward negativity instead. My initial responses to stimuli are often explosive rage, emotional detachment, or complete avoidance. I lack in social skills, have trouble maintaining interpersonal relationships, and tend to pass judgement quickly. I don't feel mentally stable at times, and for these reasons I constantly seek peace and balance, solid ground to build upon. I have a lack of self awareness that troubles me, I have so often and for so long subverted my own needs to fill the needs of others, that I sometimes don't know if a part of me is really ME or something someone else needed me to be.

6.What can I change about myself?
     Everything but biological necessities, if I had the desire and motivation. I have plenty of experience with changing my role, changing my mind, and sustaining myself on very little. I've struggled a long time to separate need from want, to identify what I cannot do without and can't afford to share with others. The things I HOPE to change about myself are centered around my social skills, my self awareness, and my ability to control things within my immediate environment in life.

"A learned person underrates own intelligence and overvalues others importance, so remains in public largely shy; the foolish person overrates own importance and undervalues others intelligence, so often publicly lie." - Anuj Somany
LumosDrakken
Initiate of Serpent House

Academy Credit : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The six questions of Discovery and Identity

Post by Durga Rises With Wings on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:23 pm

WOW! So articulate in your expression, almost poetic in description, looks like you have some work to get started on, how exciting I get to watch you achieve these areas that you want improvement in. May the force be with you to complete these goals. I will do my best to support you.

Initiate of Owl House
Initiate of Owl House

Academy Credit : 59

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LumosDrakken on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:32 pm

@Durga Rises With Wings wrote:WOW! So articulate in your expression, almost poetic in description, looks like you have some work to get started on, how exciting I get to watch you achieve these areas that you want improvement in. May the force be with you to complete these goals. I will do my best to support you.
Thank you very much Durga, such kind words. I appreciate it.

"A learned person underrates own intelligence and overvalues others importance, so remains in public largely shy; the foolish person overrates own importance and undervalues others intelligence, so often publicly lie." - Anuj Somany
LumosDrakken

Academy Credit : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luci Black on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Lumos, while your thirst for knowledge is ample, I do not believe Owl House will give you the tools you need to achieve what you desire. 

Originally, I wanted to place you in Serpent House. However, Serpents do not prize honesty as much as you seem to. Furthermore, Serpents are the last to strive for balance. We spend our days coveting, achieving and hoarding power, even for its own sake. 

It is my belief that you will benefit as well as be challenged by placement in Butterfly House. There, you will focus on transformation. You will then come in time to master your high energy nature and ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment. 

Your first suggested optional exercise is:

1. Select a type of butterfly which best represents you.
2. Learn about this butterfly variety.
3. Star a journal in the "Initiate" section of this academy.
4. Write down what you have learned in depth in your journal.
5. Attach relevant images and video of this variety of butterfly.
6. Post the entry.
7. Write a reply to this entry, explaining why you selected this variety of butterfly to represent you.

**A note from Luci Black**

You may wish to change the last part of your user name or even the entire thing to reflect your new House. 

Thank you and good luck, young winged one.

I carry a lantern."

Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Academy Credit : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down