Morningstar Academy
You must be 19 years or older to join Morningstar Academy!

Have you heard?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have you heard?

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Question;

Has anyone"heard" of something or someone else in your own head, in your mind? I really wanted to restrain from asking, but at the same time, I just need to know.
I need to know if this actually does happen, if I'm over-thinking my situation, or if I'm just losing my Mind.

After much meditation, being quiet and still, just practicing, but then... I think I heard a whisper. It was erie. I heard not my given name, but I heard my nickname. 
I an taking a big step, because to post such a question, for me, suggest, hmm, a lot.

I would never typically be this open nor forward, so I'm sticking my neck out with this. I just need to know, I suppose mostly so I know if there's truth to this or if I need to go seek a medication or whatnot.


Cheers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Luci Black on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Mystagogue wrote:Question;

Has anyone"heard" of something or someone else in your own head, in your mind? I really wanted to restrain from asking, but at the same time, I just need to know.
I need to know if this actually does happen, if I'm over-thinking my situation, or if I'm just losing my Mind.

After much meditation, being quiet and still, just practicing, but then... I think I heard a whisper. It was erie. I heard not my given name, but I heard my nickname. 
I an taking a big step, because to post such a question, for me, suggest, hmm, a lot.

I would never typically be this open nor forward, so I'm sticking my neck out with this. I just need to know, I suppose mostly so I know if there's truth to this or if I need to go seek a medication or whatnot.


Cheers.

Morningstar will not suggest for any student to seek professional help unless they are seen as a danger to themselves or others, for the record.

However, my personal advice to you is this:

If the voice or voices are not audible (as in they are just "in your head" but not able to be physically heard), you have nothing to be concerned about, unless they are suggesting violent actions which you consider actually doing.


By the way, thank you for your honesty.

_________________
"I prefer people to remain blind and asleep.
It gives me an edge over them.
However, if they should awaken and rip off the blindfold,
I carry a lantern."


Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
avatar
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn


Posts : 160
Age : 33
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Durga Rises With Wings on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm

I dont Hear voices, but I know my thoughts are stumbling about in what feels like my head area. If you are hearing voices and sounds that are not your usual self  chatter in thoughts, then I have to ask what is it? Is it something else in the spiritual world getting your attention? is it a onset of a mental illness? Are you possibly picking up on sounds  and voices that are far away? I think I would want to keep a private journal of these voices / sounds, write down what the voice says, and your feelings on it, day, time ect, see if their is a pattern of sorts. very  interesting experience...keep us posted.

_________________
★•·.·´¯`·.·★Durga Rises With Wings ★·.·´¯`·.·•★
avatar
Durga Rises With Wings
Initiate of Owl House
Initiate of Owl House

Posts : 83
Age : 44
Join date : 2017-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Luci Black on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 pm

@Durga Rises With Wings wrote:I dont Hear voices, but I know my thoughts are stumbling about in what feels like my head area. If you are hearing voices and sounds that are not your usual self  chatter in thoughts, then I have to ask what is it? Is it something else in the spiritual world getting your attention? is it a onset of a mental illness? Are you possibly picking up on sounds  and voices that are far away? I think I would want to keep a private journal of these voices / sounds, write down what the voice says, and your feelings on it, day, time ect, see if their is a pattern of sorts. very  interesting experience...keep us posted.

I concur with your journal idea regarding Mystagogue's voices, Durga.

_________________
"I prefer people to remain blind and asleep.
It gives me an edge over them.
However, if they should awaken and rip off the blindfold,
I carry a lantern."


Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
avatar
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn


Posts : 160
Age : 33
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:58 pm

I had not realized it would be this big a deal, if importance. I actually was expecting, well, not this. I've already begun a dream journal, so ya, this makes sense too, but on the other hand, this could be real personal experience, that maybe should have it's privacy, so I suppose that I will just have to play it by ear so to speak. That is,  if it even happens again. Thanks everyone. 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Durga Rises With Wings on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:03 pm

What were you expecting?

_________________
★•·.·´¯`·.·★Durga Rises With Wings ★·.·´¯`·.·•★
avatar
Durga Rises With Wings
Initiate of Owl House
Initiate of Owl House

Posts : 83
Age : 44
Join date : 2017-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by LumosDrakken on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:47 am

where are the emojis for fire, incarceration and pitchforks? just kidding. I don't think it is necessary for you to share the journal with us from the start Mystagogue, but keep a real journal of it, analyze the data of any recurrences and let us know the basics if you figure something out, that is if you are willing to share it. It does seem like it would be a very personal experience, regardless of what it is. contact from any kind of entity, clairvoyance, etc... all would be very personal gifts.

_________________
                                                                               -Lumos-



"A learned person underrates own intelligence and overvalues others importance, so remains in public largely shy; the foolish person overrates own importance and undervalues others intelligence, so often publicly lie." - Anuj Somany
avatar
LumosDrakken
Initiate of Serpent House
Initiate of Serpent House

Posts : 24
Age : 34
Join date : 2017-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What were you expecting?

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:49 am

@Durga Rises With Wings wrote:What were you expecting?

I suppose I was expecting unsupportive or ridicule,  but I shouldn't,  not in this place. That's fortunate. I suppose I was going off of prior experience and that is not fair to any one of you here.
Thank you though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 am

@LumosDrakken wrote:where are the emojis for fire, incarceration and pitchforks? just kidding. I don't think it is necessary for you to share the journal with us from the start Mystagogue, but keep a real journal of it, analyze the data of any recurrences and let us know the basics if you figure something out, that is if you are willing to share it. It does seem like it would be a very personal experience, regardless of what it is. contact from any kind of entity, clairvoyance, etc... all would be very personal gifts.

Thanks Lumos. Good food for thought. I'll keep that in mind.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Luci Black on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm

MystagogueI suppose I was expecting unsupportive or ridicule,  but I shouldn't,  not in this place. That's fortunate. I suppose I was going off of prior experience and that is not fair to any one of you here. wrote:Thank you though.

Morningstar is not a place of ridicule, Mystagogue.

_________________
"I prefer people to remain blind and asleep.
It gives me an edge over them.
However, if they should awaken and rip off the blindfold,
I carry a lantern."


Head Academy Overseer - Luci Black
avatar
Luci Black
Head Academy Overseer
Head Academy Overseer

Alignment :
  • Saturn


Posts : 160
Age : 33
Join date : 2017-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Durga Rises With Wings on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Well I'm glad we rose above your expectations, I think anything to do with the human condition and its behaviour fascinates me, we should never be ridiculed instead analysed and properly understood, or at best try to understand, we humans are so similar in many ways, yet so very different and unique, and its the differences and uniqueness of a person that attracts me to them.

_________________
★•·.·´¯`·.·★Durga Rises With Wings ★·.·´¯`·.·•★
avatar
Durga Rises With Wings
Initiate of Owl House
Initiate of Owl House

Posts : 83
Age : 44
Join date : 2017-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum